ARTP Online Basic Sleep Course - February and March 2022
Please be advised that ARTP, in collaboration with the British Sleep Society, plan to hold an online Basic Sleep Course during February and March 2022.
Pre-recorded presentations will be available online for delegates to view in advance of live Q&A sessions with speakers, to be held weekly.
The course is ideal for Band 3 - 6 staff that may be part of an existing sleep apnoea service, or Band 6 and above who wish to start a new service and want to cover all the basics.
Aims of the Course:
The course focuses on the theory and practical aspects of sleep breathing disorders and will cover the physiology and pathophysiology of sleep breathing disorders, related diagnostics and their treatments.
- Physiology of normal sleep and breathing
- Overview of the pathophysiology of sleep breathing disorders
- Subjective Assessments (sleepiness, fatigue, depression)
- Nocturnal Pulse Oximetry - limitations and interpretation
- CPAP treatment for OSAHS
- CPAP treatment - side effects, mask fitting tips and considerations
- CPAP data interpretation with case studies
- DVLA guidelines
- Paediatrics and sleep